Open Position at Nestle Applications Group
Sr Food Technologist
This Sr. Food Technologist position has primary accountability for growing top- and bottom-line of the nutrition business by developing new product platforms and line extensions, or making improvements to existing products.
Project Assistance for Product/Process Innovation & Renovation Projects:
• The associate will be responsible for assigned projects related to product renovations, line extensions and product related cost savings initiatives. They will provide technical leadership within the cross-functional team to execute projects from concept through implementation.
o Determine & execute all elements of product development, including technical strategic direction, timeline development, risk management, and technology transfer.
o Partner with brand group, co-create project direction, and lead the overall technical execution.
o Accountability for the overall success of the project.
• Provide product and process related technical assistance to our M&D factories and Co-manufacturers where appropriate.
• Provide Technical assistance to Purchasing and Quality Assurance by evaluating alternative ingredients, suppliers or supplier manufacturing locations.
• Maintain Formulations and Procedures databases where appropriate and required.
• The on-time delivery of new or renovated products, alternate ingredients assessments and/or productivity project completion has significant impact to divisional sales and profits.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• BS degree in Food Science or related discipline.
The ideal candidate would possess 2-5 years of experience in a product development role within the food industry.
• Broad-based technical understanding of applicable technologies, preferably with demonstrated tactical execution skills involving development of new products, and ideally from concept through commercialization.
• Competence with development of thermally-processed products desired.
• Ability to solve technical problems associated with product development with technical excellence.
• Partner effectively with cross-functional input through the planning and decision-making process.
• Provide technical leadership and project management within cross-functional teams to influence strategic project direction.
• Work independently with minimal supervision in technical disciplines after appropriate training.
• Ability to leverage out-sourced project support.
61044075NUTINF Fremont Applications Group