GLS-IFT Posting Date: 12/11/18
Fixed-term Faculty Position in Food Science – Michigan State University
The Food Science and Human Nutrition Department at Michigan State University invites applications for a fixed-term faculty position in Food Science for the spring 2019 semester (January 2 – May 15, 2019). The successful candidate will be expected to teach FSC 433, Food Processing: Muscle Foods. This course focuses on manufacturing practices and principles of fresh, frozen, and cured meats and fish. Processed products from muscle foods. Product formulation and quality control. The base salary listed above is the full-time equivalent salary; this position is offering $8,000 for the course.
- Master’s degree in Food Science or related discipline
- PhD degree in Food Science or related discipline
- The ideal candidate will have an advanced degree in Food Science and 2 years of relevant work experience contributing toward the candidate’s ability to perform the expected teaching duties.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to student education, well-being, and safety.
- A record of excellent teaching skills at the undergraduate level to a diverse student body is desired.
Required Application Materials
- A letter of interest
- Curriculum vita
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Names and email addresses of three references
To Apply: Applicants must apply through Careers
- Go to: http://careers.msu.edu
- Search for position number 536881
- Click the Apply Now button and follow the online instructions